Into Battle Book Launch
How did I sell over 100 copies of my self-published book — Canada's only roller derby coffee table book — within the first few weeks of launch?
In advance, I set up a web site and Facebook page for the book. And made sure to be friends with lots of roller derby influencers and leagues.
I coordinated the launch with key bloggers and roller derby personalities.
I created several very share-able posts and videos.
In subsequent weeks I used Facebook’s “boost” feature to precisely target ads.
• An interview on CBC Radio’s Here and Now program.
• Great reviews from two popular roller derby blogs and a leading Canadian roller derby magazine.
• Several dozen Facebook shares by roller derby leagues and well-known skaters.
• Several thousand roller derby fans reached.
• And of course, a whole lot of book sales.